Motorcycle Waterproof 12V Cicarette Lighter Socket with Handlebar Holder
Ideal to Recharge Eletronic Devices Equipped with a Cigar Socket Adapter (Max 2 Amp - 12V)
- 12V cigar socket
- The accessory is made up of a wiring harness with eyelets - designed for a permanent connection to the motorcycle battery (picture 2 - length 80 cm) - and a cabled cigarette lighter socket with a waterproof connection system (picture 1). Total lenght: 125 cm (ideal for any motorcycle)
- Totally safe & secure: protection fuse with waterproof fuseholder (picture 3)
- It can be used to recharge and/or to supply electronic devices provided with a cigar socket adapter (mobile phones, GPS, MP3 readers...) or as power input for the connection of battery charger BC Battery Controller, to charge and maintain the battery on the vehicle
- Waterproof: protection cap and sealed connection system
- Equipped with a handlebar holder. Two nylon cable ties included, to securely fix the cable to the frame of the bike
- Possibility of panel mounting (mounting ring nut included)
- Compatible with USB adapters for cigarette lighter socket (max. 4.2 Amp - 5 Volt)
The cigarette lighter socket can be used not only for charging or supplying electronic devices provided with a cigar socket adapter, like mobile phones, gps navigators or heated handgrips, but also for the connection of BC battery chargers through the accessory ACC612V.
The cable is realized with high quality materials specific for the use in the Automotive industry (resistance to oils, greases, atmospheric agents and thermic/mechanical stress guaranteed). The connector suitable to be employed in tough conditions is a guarantee of quality and endurance of the battery connecting system.
Installation of the socket:
The socket can be mounted on the hadlebar through the included holder. Two nylon cable ties are included to securely fix the cable to the frame of the bike.
Alternatively, it is possible to remove the handlebar holder and to place the socket in a compartment of the bike or to mount it to a panel: the installation is easy and with no possibility of mistake (polarity inversion, etc.). You have to unfasten the socket from the wire, unscrew the fixing nut and insert it in a hole with a diameter of 28 mm (1.1 inches). Finally, fix the socket with the nut and restore the connection with the wire.
Fixing to the battery:
The eyelets are dimensioned so that they adapt to the standards of every battery on the market (installed on motorbikes, motorcycles and light vehicles). In the same way, however, the eyelets can be used for the permanent installation on medium/high capacity batteries (more than 40 Ah), inserting the eyelet in the screw of the clamps reaching the battery.
A fuse is installed on the wiring. The wiring and connections are watertight.
In addition, it should be noted that - if you use the socket to connect a BC battery charger - the charger is protected against permanent short-circuit of the battery poles (in other words, the contact between the eyelets for an indefinite time won't damage the battery charger).